Monday, April 25, 2011

First club race for Poissy Triathlon







My first French Grand Prix for Poissy Triathlon and it was a memorable one with a team win in the Nice. I felt a bit different at first wearing the blue and yellow, well I was racing with the opposition from last year. Even the spectators were a bit confused, thinking who is that for Poissy?? But it didn't take long for me to get used to. I enjoy training with Carole and Jess in Montpellier in the pool and now I get to work with them during the race. It worked out well, we had 4 team members in the lead group, so we could keep the pace up. And the final standings were left for the 5km run. Barbara is in great form at the moment and she came through to take the lead in the final 500m in Nice.







I enjoyed seeing the beach in Nice, for the few hours that I was there. My flatmate came to watch, unfortunately I didn't win but we won the drive home in record time and a speeding ticket in his name!