Friday, February 27, 2009

Takapuna Triathlon



Summer is flying by, as it is already time to start racing in 2009. I raced last weekend in Auckland. There was some pressure for my first triathlon of the season as it was shown Live on TV 1 for everyone to watch.
I dove into the water feeling really strong as I pulled away from the field in the opening 500m swim leg. I took it easy up the 200m hill into transition, as I didn't feel like trying going alone on the bike. I had just come off the Buller Half Marathon win last weekend, so I wanted to see how my legs were over 5km against the others. On the first 2 laps of the bike I could hear my breathing, but it was just first race shock to the body because the bike got easier riding in the front pack with 6 others. And I ran strongly the whole 5km winning from Sam Warriner. It's good to start the season off on a high note.