Monday, February 9, 2009

Canterbury Surf Life Saving Team places 2nd

I competed in the Lion Foundation Surf League last weekend as a member of the Canterbury surf life saving team. It was great to be back involved in a team with team racing throughout the whole weekend. Although, nothing much has changed in the surf league since the last time I competed 5 years ago. We had a great team this year who competed so strongly over the weekend that we finished 2nd behind the Taranaki team. I enjoyed the short racing. Nothing beats the intensity of a 5 minute race. The 200m run relay was a shock to my legs though which were not used to sprinting and adding that it was soft sand too made the run feel even longer. But my ski paddle won't be taken out again this year; I have more running to do. This Saturday I'll be on the West Coast running the Buller half marathon.