Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My ITU season begins


My 2009 ITU Triathlon season begins this weekend with the New Plymouth ITU Triathlon this Sunday. It is 2 weeks after my last race, the Singapore Ironman 70.3 and I finally feel like I have recovered. I have enjoyed training at home in Christchurch for 5 months this summer.
Thank you Roly (currently on holiday in Thailand ;-) ) for your QE2 triathlon swimming squad sessions and it has been great riding and running with local, French and Hong Kong athletes. Soon I will be travelling with Laurent to Sète, France where I will be training for the next few months.
My first big race of the season will be in Tongyeong, South Korea on 2nd May. It is the first of 7 World Championship series events. This year the top 5 best results will accumulate points towards the 2009 World Champion. This has changed from previous years where the World Championships was one event. The 7 race format is a lot more exciting and more difficult because every series event is important now to earn points to become the World Champion.
And for the new season I have a new uniform. I will be racing in this.